Monday, March 11, 2013

Songs of the Victorians is Live!


As of 9:30am EST, Songs of the Victorians (http://www.songsofthevictorians.com) went live!  It's been quite the adventure preparing for this limited release launch, but it's turned out well.  As you can see from the twitter feed, I've received a lot of positive feedback and very generous assistance in spreading the word.  Feel free to leave comments or advice on the project at the end of this post:  I'd love to hear your suggestions!

In the interim, I’ll give you a guided tour of the site and its rationale:

If you’re new to this blog and want to learn more about Songs of the Victorians and its purpose, then check out this “about” page from Songs of the Victorians and this earlier blog post.

Click here if you want to see the archive page for Caroline Norton's "Juanita" or here if you want to read my article on the song, complete with musical excerpts highlighted in time with the audio file.

Go to my "Songs" page to see the other three songs that will be a part of Songs of the Victorians in the next few months.

If you want an explanation behind the design of the home page, check out this post on why and how I modeled it on Victorian sheet music.

If you’ve seen earlier versions of Songs of the Victorians from conferences and are confused by the complete aesthetic change, then read this post about the redesign.

If you want to know what the workflow looks like to put a song into my site, then read my previous blog post.

And finally, if you want to know more about the logo for Augmented Notes on the lower right hand corner of each page, then read this post about the tool I’m building that powers this site (and may some day power yours!).

Thank you again for all your encouragement and support!  Please help me spread the word and write comments below so I can get even more feedback before I release the remaining three songs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment